The picture that you cherish was taken on 7.18.15. It was your son Nathan’s 25th birthday. It was taken at a bridal shower given by your loving sister-in-laws. It was the day that we buried a dear friend. The picture represents a fraction of your heart. A fraction of the people you do life with on a daily basis. Better known as my family. They all helped raise your boys, and they will forever be your sons’ moms and your sisters.
The definition of family is fluid. For some people, family is only blood relatives, but for others family is a combination of both friends and relatives who have helped navigate the greatest challenges in life. And while the celebrations are what we often remember, the fact of the matter is the challenges in life are often the greatest definition of what a friend really is.
When Was the Last Time You Vacationed with Friends?
Sometimes the friendships that last are the ones that have enjoyed various settings together. From local sprinting events to dealing with illness to planning nature vacations together, there are many times when friendships flourish when they are allowed to grow in a wide range of environments. The decision to embark on nature vacations, of course may be one of the most challenging and enjoyable of experiences. And while the fanciest vacation resorts may provide the best way to relax, the enjoyment of rugged and challenging nature vacations offer a wide range of opportunities.
Whether you are planning Alaskan fishing trips with a band of brothers or you are looking for nature vacations that are good options for families with children, one very popular destination is Alaska. In the winter to see the Iditarod and Northern Lights or in the summer to hike and catch glimpses of Denali, there is always something grand to do in the largest state in the nation. And while there are plenty of vacation spots in the lower 48, if you are rally looking for one of the top nature vacations, Alaska is a great starting point. Offering all-inclusive resorts with day trips to see everything from glaciers to moose to whales, the high end vacation seekers can easily find what the want in the great state of Alaska. If, on the other hand, you want to explore the sites and sounds of both the mountains and the ocean, you can do that on a much smaller budget up and down most the coast of Alaska.
Friendships that stand the test of time are often those that have enjoyed the everyday happenings of each other families, as well as the challenges of illnesses deaths. But any friendship that has shared a vacation together will be stronger for the fact that they have enjoyed vacation spots that create a lifetime of memories.
Although there are certainly many different kinds of locations to consider, examine these facts and figures about the decision to travel with your friends and your family to the state of Alaska:
- In 2006, Alaska welcomed more than 1.6 million visitors between May and September, according to the Alaska Almanac 31st edition.
- The state of Alaska offers more than 75 parks, including national parks, preserves, refuges and monuments, as well as historical sites and parks, state parks and national forests.
- As much as 52% of Alaska’s acreage is wilderness, so it easier to get away from the busy, every day lives that we typically lead when we are back home.
- In 2016, 11% of Alaska’s visitors came to fish. In fact, in 2016, 49% of Alaska visitors booked a fishing lodge package for their trip, taking advantage of having a professional take care of the details of Alaska fishing experiences.
- With more than 3.2 million acres of land and water, the Alaska State Park System is the largest in the U.S.
- An estimated 1,857,500 out-of-state visitors came to Alaska between May and September of 2016, according to the Alaska Travel Industry Association. This number represented the highest visitor volume on record.
If you are looking for something more to do with your friends, an outdoor adventure vacation may be the right option. The decision to make a real trip of it and travel to Alaska may, in fact, be the greatest choice.